Wild mushroom soup
- 400 g Icelandic mushrooms or fresh field mushrooms
- 2 White onions
- 100 g Dried mushrooms
- 200 g Mixed frozen mushrooms ceps, porcini or similar
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 300 g Butter
- 100 g Plain white flour
- 100 ml White wine
- 100 ml Madeira
- 500 ml Water
- 2 L Double or heavy cream
- 3 tbsp Mushroom powder
- Slice the mushrooms and onions thinly.
- Take a large heavy-based saucepan and gently heat the oil.
- Gently fry the fresh mushrooms, onions and frozen mushrooms for 5 min.
- Pour all the wine into the pan and let it boil until the wine has reduced to almost nothing.
- Add the water to the pan.
- Now add the dried mushrooms and stir.
- Add the mushroom powder into the pan and let the mixture boil for 20 min.
- Now add the cream into the pot and let it simmer for 60 min.
- In a small pan place 100 g of butter, heat gently and let it melt, then add flour into it and combine it together to make a roux. Whisk the roux mixture into the soup and continue whisking until the soup thickens.
- Let the soup simmer for 10 min and then add the remaining 200 g of the butter.
- Blitz the soup with a hand-held blender.
- Season with salt and pepper, also it is very good to add a little bit of sherry vinegar at the end.
Serve with bread of your liking. Enjoy!