Citrus Cured Salmon
Traditional cured salmon with a twist
- 1 fillet Fresh Salmon approximately 900 gr
- 200 g Salt
- 250 g Brown sugar
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- Zest of 2 Oranges
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Rinse the salmon fillets, and pat them thoroughly dry.
- Stroke your hand hand along the salmon fillet to check for any stray bones. Use tweezers or pliers to pull out any pin bones, if necessary.
- Grate the lemon, oranges and lime, creating zest.
- Put third of the mixture on a baking pan that is big enough to lay a fillet flat on.
- Lay the fillet skin-down on the mixture.
- Spread the rest of the mixture on the flesh side of the fillet.
- Cover the fillets and baking sheet with foil or plastic wrap.
- Let the salmon chill about 2 days (no longer than 6 days).
- Remove from fridge, unwrap and rinse under cold water.
- Cut into thin slices without getting too close to the skin, so the dark salmon is included.
Serve and enjoy!