Skyr with oat crumble and berries
Fresh Skyr can be used in both sweet and savoury recipes and its natural tartness makes it the perfect companion for sweet and sour ingredients. Why not give Skyr a try with this delicious dessert recipe by Hotel Rangá - a perfect choice for a summer dinner party as it can be made ahead of time.
- 500 ml Heavy cream
- 185 g Sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 3 Gelatine leaves
- 500 g Pure organic Skyr
- 125 g Oats
- 125 g Butter Room temperature
- 125 g Flour
- 125 g Brown sugar
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl with cold water and let it soak.
- Put the cream in a large pan with the sugar and vanilla pods and bring it to a boil.
- Take the pan from the heat. Drain the water from gelatine then add the softened gelatin to the pan of cream, mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down to 40-45 degrees before adding the Skyr.
- Add Skyr to the mixture carefully.
- Leave the mixture to cool for one hour then pour into individual bowls to serve.
Method Oat Crumble
- Mix all the ingredients in an oven proof bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Bake for 10 min and stir well, then allow to bake for a further 10 min and remove from oven and cool.
Once cool serve the Skyr topped with fresh berries and crumble mixture. Enjoy!
To view Hotel Rangá’s restaurant menu, we recommend our Rangá Restaurant page.