There are many intriguing and some more unnerving drinks to choose from, with most drawing their character and flavour from natural plants and traditional ingredients. Some of these intriguing tipples pack a mighty Viking strength punch, so take it easy, or at least make sure you have a soft moss-covered landing nearby.
Subscribe To Our newsletter
Exclusive Offers & Latest News
Here are some of the most popular drinks of choice:
• Brennivín: Brennivín – An unsweetened schnapps seasoned with caraway, cumin, and wild angelica. Brennivín has a very distinct taste and is normally a staggering 80 proof.
• Birkir: Birch schnapps, 35% ABV, it has an earthy aroma with a slightly bitter and herbal taste.
• Björk: Birch liqueur, a sweet, warming liquor with a hint of birch in the after taste.
• Brenyolver: A high-quality Icelandic gin with a unique taste of Arctic thyme, angelica seeds and the more traditional juniper berries.
• Topas: A liquor made with a mixture of herbs and licorice. A very sweet, fortified drink that also has a cough linctus flavour.
• Reyka Vodka: The water used to make Reyka comes from a 4,000-year-old lava field. The taste is smooth and warm with just a touch of vanilla.
• Vísi Gísli: A smooth aquavit made from pure Icelandic spring water, dill, caraway, coriander, lime peel, and timian.
• Lava Smoked Imperial Stout: A full-bodied, pitch-black beer with sweet chocolate and roasted malt flavour. A strong, sturdy beer from Ölvisholt microbrewery.
Hotel Rangá’s bar has one of the most extensive whisky collections in Iceland, our selection is sure to satisfy any connoisseur. From classic cocktails to signature mixed drinks, our bartenders can craft any libation you might desire. Learn more about the Rangá bar here.