.Getting married in Iceland is easy at Hotel Rangá. Our wedding coordinator is there for our wedding couples every step of the way. We are passionate about making your day special.
Featuring a dynamic landscape filled with waterfalls, glaciers, black sand beaches, and more, Iceland is a wonderful choice to host your dream wedding. At Hotel Rangá we offer wedding planning services for all types of weddings – from intimate elopements to larger ceremonies.
Choose from three different packages:
- Or create your own custom package with assistance from our Wedding Coordinator.
How Do I Start Planning my Wedding in Iceland?
At Hotel Rangá, our dedicated Wedding Coordinator will assist you with your planning every step of the way. She can help you to refine your vision and offer suggestions regarding decoration, dining, ceremony location, and more. She will meet with you upon your arrival at Hotel Rangá and will be there on your wedding day to put the finishing touches in place and ensure that everything goes to plan.
You can begin the process of hosting a wedding at Hotel Rangá by getting in touch with our Wedding Coordinator.
Where To Get Married In Iceland?
The sky’s truly the limit when it comes to ceremony sites in Iceland. You can choose to be married on a black sand beach, underneath a dramatic waterfall, or in a field filled with blooming wildflowers. Some of our wedding couples have even been married atop a snowy glacier!
Iceland’s incredible landscape offers unique opportunities for outdoor ceremonies. However, it is important to note that our ever-changing weather could shift your plans. We also have several excellent indoor ceremony locations.
You can get married inside Hotel Rangá with a view of the lovely Rangá River, pledge your love in a beautiful country church with stained glass windows, or recite your vows inside an ancient cave surrounded by hundreds of glowing candles.
Choosing Your Ideal Icelandic Wedding Ceremony
Every couple has a different vision for their wedding ceremony. At Hotel Rangá, we offer four ceremony options for our wedding couples.
- A priest conducts Christian ceremonies in a local church.
- A wedding celebrant conducts humanist, non-religious ceremonies. These ceremonies have an atmosphere of dignity, joy, and personal experience. They allow the wedding couple the chance to exchange personalized vows.
- The local District Commissioner conducts legal, non-religious ceremonies. These ceremonies are the shortest option (approximately 5 minutes or so). Couples do not have to exchange personalized vows.
- The Ásatrúargoði conducts pagan ceremonies based on descriptions from the Sagas. These are ancient manuscripts of old Norse traditions before the time of Christianity in Iceland. In a pagan wedding ceremony, the couple recites personalized oaths. These are much like the vows a couple prepares for many North American ceremonies.
Hosting Your Wedding at An Icelandic Luxury Resort
Hotel Rangá is the perfect place to host your wedding, whether you choose an elopement or a larger wedding party. Hotel Rangá has 52 guest rooms of varying sizes, and it is also possible to rent out the entire hotel. Our on-site Rangá Restaurant serves a menu grounded in Nordic cuisine featuring the best local ingredients.
We regularly update our wedding menu options, and we can tailor all meals per your request or per guests’ dietary restrictions. We offer two different private dining halls for your wedding dinner, and the Rangá Restaurant is also available as a dinner location if you choose to rent out the entire hotel. What’s more, our property features a game room, a cozy upstairs lounge, and the Rangá Bar which has a huge selection of top-shelf liquors, wines, and local beers.
The Big Day – Decor, Design, and More
Over the months leading up to your wedding, you will work closely with our Wedding Coordinator to plan all the little details that make a wedding memorable. We offer three distinct packages with different options regarding decor, wedding transportation in an epic Icelandic Super Jeep, wedding cake, flowers, and more.
Choose a special bouquet and boutonniere for the bride and groom or select a special cake design with help from our talented baker, Gina. If you have any special requests, do not hesitate to ask our Wedding Coordinator.
Previous wedding couples have made their weddings truly unforgettable by organizing a live performance of a special song, decorating the wedding dinner with unique place settings and even ending the wedding celebration with a special toast and midnight snack.
Wedding Activities and Adventures
Our staff will ensure that both you and your guests have a wonderful stay in Iceland. Whether hosting an elopement or a big wedding, we can help you to plan various adventures and activities so that you experience all that Iceland has to offer.
Do you need adventure insperation? Check out our Tours and Adventure page.
Invite your guests on a snowmobiling trip across a snowy glacier or host an Icelandic barbecue after an ATV tour underneath majestic mountains. You can also arrange for a guided bus tour of Iceland’s south coast following your wedding ceremony. Visit amazing sites like Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss and the black sand beaches and unique rock formations at Vík.
Getting the Perfect Wedding Photos
Your wedding is a day that deserves to be remembered, and professional wedding photos are a wonderful souvenir that you will treasure for years to come. At Hotel Rangá, we have created a list of local wedding photographers who we trust. We share this list with our wedding couples and ask that you contact your favorite photographers directly. When choosing a photographer, it is a good idea to look at their professional websites to get an idea of their photography style. Ask your photographer questions about their services to ensure you will get the photos that you want.
Good questions to ask include:
- How long is the wedding photoshoot?
- How many different locations can we visit for photos?
- Will you travel in your own car if we change locations?
- How long will it take to receive the edited photos?
Can foreigners marry in Iceland?
It is relatively easy for foreigners to marry in Iceland. However, you must obtain several important documents. But not to worry, our Wedding Coordinator will be there to assist you every step of the way. We ask all wedding couples to gather these required documents at least two weeks in advance so that we can double-check that everything is correct.
It is also good to note that any documents in a foreign language other than Scandinavian languages (for example, a birth certificate or divorce decree) must be translated to English by a certified translator with an apostille stamp.
These are the documents you must obtain prior to your marriage:
- Marriage Notification Form.
- Original copies of birth certificates of both parties; if you do not have the original, your copy must be apostille verified.
- Certificate of marital status with apostille stamp, issued within eight weeks before the wedding date (this can vary from country to country; our Wedding Coordinator will be able to assist you with more information).
- A divorce decree including settlement of assets (if either party is divorced).
- If the bride/groom is a widower, a document detailing that the deceased’s estate has been divided/finalized.
- Scanned passports for both parties.
We look forward to assisting you with your wedding plans. Please contact us today to book your dream wedding.