Culinary Adventure at Hotel Rangá
"Hotel Ranga, a luxurious country lodge astride a salmon-stocked river, is an hour from Reykjavik, yet many Rekis drive out to dine at Ranga's restaurant, one so good that if Michelin covered Iceland, it would undoubtedly receive a "worth a journey designation".
who also works with Conde Neste Traveler, about Hotel Rangá, May 2008. » Read the review
The restaurant at Hotel Rangá is an acclaimed gourmet restaurant overlooking one of Iceland's finest salmon rivers, East-Rangá River. The restaurant's motto is the concept of a "Farmers Market" - in effect using predominantly local ingredients of the highest quality and freshness - following seasonal availability. The menu is inspired by modern Nordic cuisine with a Mediterranean twist. The world renowned Christmas Buffet with European and Scandinavian gourmet dishes is available November to December every year. The wine list and bar selection is extensive and is sure to satisfy even the most demanding connoisseur.
- Breakfast (May to September) 07:00 - 10:00
- Breakfast (October to April - weekdays) 08:00 - 10:00
- Breakfast (October to April - weekends) 08:00 - 11:00
- Lunch 12:00 - 15:00
- Dinner (April to September) 18:30 - 22:00
- Dinner (October to March - Sun - Thu) 18:30 - 21:00
- Dinner (October to March - Fri - Sat) 18:30 - 22:00
- Dinner (for Christmas tables - Fri - Sat) 19:30 - 22:00